Sunday, August 7, 2011

The next 4 years of our lives...

As you probably have noticed, we have abandoned our blog. Not entirely, but putting pictures up on Facebook just has been easier over the last year. Sorry to say, but it is sometimes difficult being overly creative with a baby in the house and both of us working. Y así es la cosa...

So anyway, you are probably wondering...where in the world will the Foxes be heading next? To that point, the first bid list came out last week and I have been completely obsessed ever since. It difficult to be sure what will still be available when we bid in October, but currently the list contains (besides Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Sudan) El Salvador, Senegal, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Mozambique, WB/Gaza, Kenya, Kazakhstan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and Mongolia. Of these, I would be elated if El Salvador was still around in 2 months as it ties in nicely with what I have been doing here in Jamaica for the last year - fiscal reform. Of course, it is still close to the States, I could use my Spanish, and I enjoyed my 2 week trip there in February. The African countries are excellent choices as well. I don't think you could ask for a better list of sub-Saharan countries to choose from. Sri Lanka would be interesting, Bangladesh is growing on me and Mongolia could be a fail-safe. Overall a solid list, but I expect it to be very competitive as we have many people in my grade level who will be pressing for these same jobs. I have been networking heavily in the Latin America Bureau over the last 2 years, but I don't know anyone in any other bureaus. So, the plot thickens and we are excited about the prospects of where we spend the next 4 years of our lives. Will Fiona learn French, Spanish, or Mongolian? Do we have safaris or snowsledding in our future? Will we be visiting Paris, Zurich, London, or Sidney on our R&Rs? To be continued...

No comments: