
Today we both woke up this morning around 5 am. Costa Rica is 2 hours behind eastern U.S. time. They have free coffee at the outside hotel restaurant, so we sat there and drank coffee until Kevin had to leave for work around 9 am.
I ditched my crutches today and am slowly walking, like the pace of a turtle, but at least I am on both feet. I spent most of the morning at the restaurant with my computer and books because they had an arranged power outage today between 8 – 10. You can get wireless internet at the hotel, but it is not always so dependable. I was able to get on for about an hour today.
Once the power was back on, I ventured inside and met up with the lady who cleans the room. We had a glass of orange juice in the room (it’s not good to drink alone) and then she cleaned the room. I went through some Spanish phrases and talked to myself in Spanish phrases for about an hour. Now I am typing this blog on Microsoft word because I still cannot get on to the internet.
So far this place seems pretty interesting. Kevin and I both agreed it is not as developed as we thought it would be. We drove through parts of town that are much like the middle class/poor areas of the Dominican Republic. There are many Americans in the area, most seem to be in some type of real estate or hotel project, from what I overheard at breakfast. The terrain is beautiful. Very green, steep hills, and the Pacific Ocean. Kevin has quite a drive up to his worksite; steep hills and orange dirt roads that will become mush when it rains. Good thing he will have a truck!

No comments:
Post a Comment