Sunday, October 5, 2008

Ope, Isa, y Cateria en Arenal











The twins visited last weekend and I took them to Castillo and La Fortuna to see Volcan Arenal. We went zip-lining in Castillo and attempted to go to some hot springs in La Fortuna, but found that most were in resorts that charged a lot of money to get in. Honestly, I don't think we missed much. If the hot springs are in a theme, Disney-like hotel, what's the point?

La Fortuna turned out to be a touristy, but charming town. It has a really nice square and offers a different view to see the volcano on the side the lava no longer flows. The town also has an amazing waterfall, La Fortuna Falls (go figure), which is definitely worth the hike up and down to check it out. Also, I have to mention the two really "good eats" we encountered in town, The Lava Lounge and the Vienna Bakery.

No comments: