Thursday, October 15, 2009

Orientation is over!

We just finished orientation today and we are officially moved into our cubes upstairs at USAID headquarters. I have a corner cube located in a cube farm "neighborhood" peppered with familiar faces from orientation. My name was put up on my cube yesterday which was exciting. My new Bureau is EGAT, which stands fro Economic Growth, Agriculture, and Trade. It is where the majority of the technical programs are coordinated. Even though we just moved in, I don't know how long I will be here. I have the option of doing rotations in other departments, or might be taking language training right away. Some of that will be ironed out tomorrow after I find out my assignment, but some of it will still be tentative. The good thing is that training seems up to me. Meaning that I have the option of learning what most interests me. It doesn't get much better than that.

Oh yeah...yes, tomorrow we find out our country!!!!!!

No comments: