After fruitlessly sending emails to HR for the last 4 weeks, I finally received an email stating that I have been granted temporary security clearance by USAID. What this directly means is that I have completed everything in the USAID pre-employment process and I am finally eligible for a position. I still need full top-security security clearance at some point, but USAID is cleared by State to invite people to training to move the process along. More importantly, there would be no reason for USAID to offer someone a temporary security clearance if they were not going to hire them soon.
To this point, the next training starts on September 14th and they would have to tell me whether I was invited to this class by August 14th (originally, I thought the training date was September 21st). So, I believe I should get an invite in the next few weeks.
We are very excited, but this long process has a way of tempering one's enthusiasm. Not that this is an important step - it is vital actually -but, I'll be much more enthusiastic when I get the official letter offering my a position.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment