Tuesday, July 28, 2009
USAID UPDATE: Kevin got the job!
So, 12 hours after I sent back the form for my temporary security clearance, I received a letter from USAID that officially appoints me to the position of BS-21 Private Enterprise Officer. I don't know when they will be moving us up to DC exactly, but my guess is 7 to 10 days before class starts on September 14th. Brooke and I have worked very hard for this and we are unbelievably excited about this opportunity. The next 20 years of our lives will be shaped by this job. All the Foreign Service exams, random overseas jobs, commuting 2 hours a day to Gainesville for grad school, and Brooke playing the role of "breadwinner" over the last 4 years finally paid off for us. We were hoping that we would find out before we got back to Houston and now the rest of our visit with family and friends will have an even more celebratory tone. Timing is almost never exactly how you want with these things, but if you want something bad enough and work hard - it all works itself out in the end. DC, here we come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment