Okay, it never fails. I wrote the "I'm frustrated" blog posting and then things ended up going our way soon thereafter. To this point, we got our Travel Authorization (TA) today and I, subsequently, got a call from Allied Movers that they are "packing us out" on September 2nd. This means we have to get out stuff out of storage and move it to the studio, organize it into items we...A) are driving to Virginia,
B) don't need until we go overseas in 6-12 months, and
C) need for the duration of our stay in Virginia.
The moving company will then pack everything up, inventory it to the last pen and AA battery, and deliver items to their respective destinations. As I mentioned earlier, Brooke, Rosco, and I will drive up to Virginia on labor day weekend. While I stay in Alexandria, Brooke will fly back to Houston to finish up two more weeks of school, only to fly back to Virginia permanently on September 17th. I'm just glad I can start planning.

No comments:
Post a Comment