
Best school day ever! Today we went on a field trip to the roller skating rink. As a quick reminder, I work at a newcomer school for immigrants. I would say out of the 120 students who went on the field trip, about 30 had been skating or at least seen roller skates before. I have never seen so many middle school aged students grasping the wall or trying to skate in the wrong direction. It was hysterical. Now I myself had not been on a skating rink in quite some time, but I did my best to try and help the kids skate. Try skating with two girls hanging on your arm who are about as tall as you, and have no concept of how to use a stopper on a skate. I'm happy to report our kids made it out with just one bad bang to the head, a sprained ankle, and lots of sore elbows and bottoms.
No comments:
Post a Comment