Thursday, September 24, 2009

...a routine...sort of...

We are almost at the end of the second week and I finally feel like we are getting into some sort of routine. My buddy, Mike, was here for almost a week, we drove down to Asheville for my friend Matt's wedding, and Brooke is coming up on her first week in Alexandria. No wonder, until now, I felt like I haven't even had time to breath. This will actually be the first weekend that both Brooke and I spend together in the area.

The new job is going well. I can't really get into the details of everything because of the whole "clearances" thing, but the job will be very interesting and meaningful, as I see it. The benefits package is even better. Once you start a job, usually the benefit package appears either how you expected it, or maybe less substantial. With this job, it seems like we find out something new everyday which will affect our benefits or pay...FOR THE BETTER. It has really been a nice surprise. I am also impressed with everyone in my class. It seems like everyone has spent a great deal of time overseas working in development. The average age is probably about my age, maybe older. We have the biggest incoming USAID class in history. It has been said in the past that it took AID about a full year to hire as many people as we have in our group. I am repeating myself, sorry.

No comments: