
Things are moving right along. Yesterday we got internet and cable hooked up and our U.S. phone number now works in our apartment in Costa Rica. Vonage rules!
We have a new pet, a crab we discovered on our doorstep 2 nights ago. We looked around and saw there are lots of crab holes in our complex.
We are in the habit of waking up around 6/7 everyday now. The power went out this morning, so I decided to walk to the beach and time how long it is from our apartment. It took me about 11 minutes and a lot of huffing and puffing. I decided I should make it a daily routine for exercise.
Today at the beach I explored the rocks and tide pools. Saw tons more crabs. I love sitting under a tree in the shade and just taking in the the scenery. I brought books with me, but I end up staring off at the ocean and hills and watching the few other people there. The nice thing about Playa Ocotal is that it is a small beach and not a lot of people. I did put in about 20 minutes of studying Spanish.
Kevin is driving around the Ford truck the company shipped over. It seems huge on some of these small roads and tight spaces, but he is getting used to it. I drove by myself for the first time on Tuesday to Liberia. The most difficult thing about driving isn't the main roads, but getting out of our neighboorhood. Lots of locals ride their bikes and you have drive extra careful to not hit anyone.

No comments:
Post a Comment