Well, the waiting game within the larger waiting game has ended. I called the doctor today and the nurse told me that they have finally faxed our medical results to DC. I figured that all I had to do was write a blog on the subject and alas, that was certainly the case. We also found out, fortunately, that we are of good health and the Doctor kindly recommended us for Level 1 Worldwide Service. So, I guess we have that special Malaria enzyme after all. Now, whether the government medical people will have a hissy over my checking the asthma box remains to be seen, but, at the most, I would only have to pass a spirometry. My lung capacity has never been an issue, but rather a strength, so I'm not worried. Brooke did have slightly elevated cholesterol which surely can be attributed to the Covey genes. Something to monitor, but nothing to be overly anxious about. So, that's about it. Now, we wait for an email from the State Department Medical Office which will either completely clear us for Worldwide Service, or instruct us to do more testing. More to come...
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
USAID Update: progress on the medical front
Well, the waiting game within the larger waiting game has ended. I called the doctor today and the nurse told me that they have finally faxed our medical results to DC. I figured that all I had to do was write a blog on the subject and alas, that was certainly the case. We also found out, fortunately, that we are of good health and the Doctor kindly recommended us for Level 1 Worldwide Service. So, I guess we have that special Malaria enzyme after all. Now, whether the government medical people will have a hissy over my checking the asthma box remains to be seen, but, at the most, I would only have to pass a spirometry. My lung capacity has never been an issue, but rather a strength, so I'm not worried. Brooke did have slightly elevated cholesterol which surely can be attributed to the Covey genes. Something to monitor, but nothing to be overly anxious about. So, that's about it. Now, we wait for an email from the State Department Medical Office which will either completely clear us for Worldwide Service, or instruct us to do more testing. More to come...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment